Adur and Worthing Business Awards – Highly Commended!It’s a time for celebration, here at Cube Controls, as not only were we selected as finalists in the Innovation and Manufacturing & Engineering categories for this year’s Adur & Worthing Business Awards, but we won the title of ‘Highly Commended’ at the event itself!
The awards, which were announced on Friday November 4th, 2022, highlight successful and innovative local businesses of all sizes. They’re a chance for these businesses to demonstrate why they are leaders in their field and show how they excel.
On the night of the Worthing awards ceremony, we were pleased to hear ourselves announced as Highly Commended in the Manufacturing and Engineering category.
AWBA Chairman, Peter Webb MBE DL said: “Congratulations to all our amazing finalists and winners. The awards night was a huge success, and it was wonderful to celebrate the achievements of so many innovative businesses that contribute to the success of our local economy”. Why we were chosen
As a small, yet well-established, Building Management Systems (BMS) specialist based in Lancing, West Sussex, we take pride in leading the way in building management system innovation and punching above our weight when competing with far larger organisations.
We’re passionate about innovation within the commercial buildings sector and this has led us to develop our smart system solutions to help clients greatly reduce their energy consumption and carbon production.
We are equally passionate about enthusing the young engineers of tomorrow and have plans for a future engineering apprenticeship scheme, in partnership with local schools and colleges.
What makes us extra specialOur building management systems control and manage the various Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning (HVAC) and lighting systems within commercial (and sometimes domestic) properties. In addition to our standard building management system industry solutions, we have developed a hard won reputation for delivering bespoke system designs and achieving a level of hybrid system integration that our contemporaries often fail to achieve. This approach has allowed us to develop ‘smart system layering’ that can greatly improve a client’s existing system efficiency, without the need to upgrade all of their existing equipment.
Some of our proudest momentsIt’s great to be able to share the moments that we’ve been most proud of over the years and here are just a few:
- Installation and commission of the first 2 x AI cloud based energy efficient management packages within the UK. This new system delivers next-generation energy savings and great improvements in the wellbeing of building occupants.
- Employment of new engineers from outside of the exclusive building management system engineering arena, providing both inhouse & manufacturer training.
- Development of energy reporting solutions for clients using their existing systems. These deliver energy reduction insights, as well as monthly energy reporting.
- Supporting various local authorities with high tech decarbonisation projects by providing them with bespoke control solutions that employ a mix of building management systems, wireless sensing and AI based technologies.
- Sponsorship of the Worthing High School Green-Power racing team with equipment and financial donations, as well as the support of our own engineers.
- Securing government funding for a joint project with University College London (UCL) to develop and prototype an innovative new method of detecting cyber-attacks within automated control systems.